YouTube’s buffering issues may be due to these factor: server congestion, Internet/router issues, browser cache, IP address range. If you’re having problems slow with YouTube, don’t panic. You can use the methods in this message to resolve the issue.
Why Is Youtube So Slow and how to fix it ?
Method 2 Try to change url
There is a solution to fix the problem. We have no idea why it works. But it works for some Windows users who experienced the same situation as you. Why not give it a try?
Just two simple steps:
- Open the YouTube video you are watching
- Replace the URL with the URL n.
- For example : For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCEwKBKt3h4&t=94s to https://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=lCEwKBKt3h4&t=94s
Method 2 Use a VPN
VPN can increase speed. There are a lot of paid VPNs and free VPNs. If you don’t have a budget to buy a VPN, look for a free network. But a paid VPN is recommended to better protect your privacy.
If you are unsure how to choose the right VPN, I recommend using NordVPN (you will receive NordVPN coupons and promotional codes to get a discount). NordVPN is a well-known VPN around the world. If you buy it right now, you get a 75% discount.
We hope you use the tips above to resolve slow issues on YouTube. If you have any questions, leave your comment below.
Method 3 Select lower quality settings
While Google strives to reduce download time, server errors sometimes occur due to high traffic. You can’t improve traffic, but you can watch a video at a lower quality level.
Follow the steps below to select lower quality settings.
- Open a YouTube video.
- Click the Settings gear icon in the lower right corner.
- Click Quality.
- Choose a lower quality than what you are currently using. Try all the lower quality ones one by one until the problem is resolved. If the problem persists, try the following method.
ALSO READ:- How to increase jio speed 2021
Method 4: Clear cache
It is very well to clear your cache often. When you download for the first time, the browser caches everything to load faster the next time. This causes the browser to store too much temporary data, which may be why YouTube is slow.
If you have cached the data, skip this method. If not, done to clear the cache and see if it works.
Clearing your cache depends on the browser you are using. This will clear your cache in Google Chrome. If you’re not using Chrome and have no idea how to clear your cache, search the web for detailed instructions.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the Add icon. Select More available tools from the drop-down menu, then select Clear Browsing Data … from the pop-up menu.
- Select the ‘Cache and files’ and ‘Cookies and other site information’ checkboxes. Then click the CLEAR BROWSER DATA button.
Method 5: Update the Flash
The problem may be due to an outdated flash. Go to the Adobe website and download the latest version of Flash.
Method 6: Block the two IP address ranges
Usually, you watch the video from CDN (Content Delivery Network), but not directly from YouTube. In this case, your ISPs will limit the connection speed from you to these CDNs. This will result in the slow loading of YouTube videos. Blocking the two IP address ranges (220.127.116.11/24 and 18.104.22.168/16) on the two CDNs may resolve the issue. Follow the instructions below:
- Run command prompt as an administrator.
- Type the following command:
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name = “YouTubeTweak” dir = active = block remote control = 22.214.171.124 / 24,126.96.36.199 / 16 enable = yes
3.Enter the key on the keyboard. The rule is then added.
- Close the command prompt.
To delete a rule, rerun the command prompt as an administrator and type the following command: netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name = “YouTubeTweak.”
We hope you can fix the slow issue on YouTube using the methods above. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, leave a comment.